- Posted by:
- Posted on:
Logitech Gaming MouseLogitech Gaming Mouse
Windows 7 - Windows 8 - Windows 10 - Mac
Logitech Gaming Mouse G500, driver, software, Review, Install, manual, Download For Windows, And Mac-Logitech’s G500 is wired, has 11 buttons (consisting of 10 that are customizable), and includes 27g well worth of small weights to alter its heft. Its closest rival, Microsoft’s Sidewinder X8, can be either wired or wireless, has 12 switches (with seven customizable), as well as features 3 collections of feet that modify its friction. Working out the most effective purchase at the luxury of the gaming computer mice market can feel like toppling down a bunny opening into a really specific fascination. Let’s begin with the basics. The G500 looks great as well as rests easily in the hand, and the downloadable Logitech SetPoint software provides preset choices (undo, paste, scroll, and more) that you can designate to each button. For a lot more complex programs, the Macro Editor documents key-board and also computer mouse actions. Your setups are conserved into the mouse’s interior memory, so traveling with you.
The weights are much less practical. You can slot an option of the 12 consisted of in the computer mouse’s underside. They offer no genuine benefit, yet packaged inside a cushioned steel case, they really feel crucial as well as technical. Like costly speaker stands provide for an audiophile, the G500 makes you really feel hardcore. If you truly are hardcore, you’ll mostly appreciate the numbers. The G500 uses a laser instead of optical sensing units to track your movements, providing a much more exact 5,000 dpi than the Sidewinder X8’s 4,000 dpi. In a similar way, while the X8 has a ballot price of 500MHz, the G500 is twice as quick at 1,000 MHz. Once again, this gives no sensible benefit. A ballot rate of 1,000 MHz suggests your mouse arrow is being updated every millisecond. Despite how devoted a Team Citadel 2 sniper you are, you’re not likely to observe any kind of difference from even the default USB speed of 8ms. Step back from the field momentarily as well as it’s easy to wonder about whether even hardcore gamers need this several knickknack as well as doohickeys.
Initially, Logitech has actually carried over its dual-mode scroll wheel from its higher-end general-purpose computer mice. Dual-mode scrolling allows you to press a button to transform the scroll wheel from its basic, ratcheted scroll wheel activity to a fast, free-spinning activity that’s ideal for browsing up and down long papers promptly. We can not truly think about a pc gaming mechanism that would certainly take advantage of the G500’s free-spinning scroll wheel, however, for more general-purpose mousing, you will promptly locate it vital. Comparable to computer mice from Razer, as well as Logitech’s very own G9 gaming computer mouse, Logitech has actually additionally included onboard memory to the G500, which means you can keep custom-made profiles on the mouse itself to take with you in between different computer systems. The G500 has 8KB of account storage space, which is room for just one profile. Higher-end mice provide you space for five. We think this attribute is only helpful to the more-mobile COMPUTER gamers, however, the comfort of only needing to set up your control systems when is an evident benefit to those that require it.
Installing the driver on your system:
- Open the folder containing the downloaded file in File Explorer.
- Right-click the downloaded ZIP-file and then click Extract All Files.
- Right-click the setup.exe or install.exe file and click Run as administrator.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the installation.
Mouse Sensitivity Settings
- Windows 10 has a specific setting for mouse sensitivity,
- and you can find it easily in the control panel.
- Our favorite way to find this is to simply hit the Windows key,
- then type in “mouse settings” in the search bar.
- You should see “additional mouse options” pop up under the Related Settings tab.
- This is the same kind of mouse acceleration we discussed earlier in our Windows settings section.
- It’s bad! Don’t click on it! Turn mouse acceleration off in the games you play to avoid making the character move way further or way faster than you need to.
Here are some things you can do:
- Raise your DPI as high as you possibly can. This works to counteract the sensitivity issues your particular game may be giving you.
- Lower your in-game sensitivity to its lowest setting. This won’t cause you to lag, and it won’t completely freeze your character. But it’s good to start from the lowest rung to see what the actual problem is.
- Slowly raise your sensitivity. After you’ve lowered it all the way, start raising it slowly to see if you can identify a threshold in which the problems start becoming more prominent.