- Posted by:
- Posted on:
Logitech Gaming HeadsetLogitech Gaming Headset
Windows 7 - Windows 8 - Windows 10 - Mac
Logitech G231 Prodigy Gaming Headset, driver, software, SetPoint, Review, Install, manual, Download For Windows, And Mac- If you remember the Logitech G230 and G430, the G231 is specifically the exact same layout: a large headset with over-the-ear mugs, a deluxe headband, and also a semi-flexible mic that moves up and also down. The ear mugs automatically rotate to fit individuals’ ears, and can even fold up flat to make the headset simpler to transport. It’s an excellent, comfy layout, but it’s since been followed up by far more comfy ones, including flexible headbands from SteelSeries as well as extra classy mic storage space from Logitech itself. The G231 is likewise rather basic in exactly how it connects to tools. This wired headset connects through a 3.5-mm jack, and that’s it. There’s no optional USB adapter, no software application, and also no physical amplifier. The closest you get is a tiny collection of in-line controls, which can customize the audio volume and mute the mic. Theoretically, the peripheral jobs just as well with computers, mobile phones, as well as video game gaming consoles (via their controllers).
While the G231 should have some props for keeping things basic, it additionally requires a little objection for drawing on a three-year-old layout that does not appear specifically well suited to more recent players. The G231 has a great deal of the exact same “very big, really advanced” appearance as a lot of other pc gaming headsets, which can make it frightening for people that might be jumping right into competitive online play for the first time, or for people who simply want something refined. Like the G230 and the G430, the G231 is flawlessly comfortable to put on over lengthy stretches of time. The ear cups are deluxe as well as have a lot of providing, as well as their pivoting capacity indicates they will fit practically any individual completely. You can use this headset for hours at once, even with glasses, and endure no sick effects. My colleagues had comparable reports regarding the G230 and the G430 when I initially examined them, and also the design hasn’t changed ever since. The only disadvantage is that convenience and also transportability don’t work together; while you can fold it to a certain level, the G231 is rather large and also unwieldy, as well as a bit too garish to endure the train or an airplane.
I ran the G231 with our conventional battery of video games, and also it was pretty strong across the board. In Overwatch, I could hear my opponents plainly, and also their steps and shots indicated their instructions well. My team won a rapid victory– probably not entirely because of the G231, yet it definitely didn’t hurt. Other categories worked likewise well with this headset. Both the mission discussion as well as the audios of battle came through plainly in StarCraft II, as well as Surge of the Burial place Raider resounded with dropping ice and the murmuring of underbrush. In Wonder Heroes, hooligans tried to shout down Captain America and then really felt a resounding smack as his guard flew right into their torsos. Although the sound is clear, it’s also a bit flat. I didn’t listen to any type of substantial difference between a video game’s music, voice performing, and audio impacts. You can’t expect beautiful audio from a $70 headset, but some subtle touches might have assisted to elevate it. Because the G231 has no USB link, it has no software program, either. This is typically an advantage– 9 breaks of 10, I’ll take a dead-simple product over one that’s much more complex than it requires to be– yet it also suggests that you can not modify the audio. source support.logi.com
Logitech G231 Installing the driver on your system:
- Open the folder containing the downloaded file in File Explorer.
- Right-click the downloaded ZIP-file and then click Extract All Files.
- Right-click the setup.exe or install.exe file and click Run as administrator.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the installation.
Logitech G231 Headset Sensitivity Settings
- Windows 10 has a specific setting for mouse sensitivity,
- and you can find it easily in the control panel.
- Our favorite way to find this is to simply hit the Windows key,
- then type in “mouse settings” in the search bar.
- You should see “additional mouse options” pop up under the Related Settings tab.
Logitech G231 Headset Acceleration
- This is the same kind of mouse acceleration we discussed earlier in our Windows settings section.
- It’s bad! Don’t click on it! Turn mouse acceleration off in the games you play to avoid making the character move way further or way faster than you need to.
Logitech G231 Here are some things you can do:
- Raise your DPI as high as you possibly can. This works to counteract the sensitivity issues your particular game may be giving you.
- Lower your in-game sensitivity to its lowest setting. This won’t cause you to lag, and it won’t completely freeze your character. But it’s good to start from the lowest rung to see what the actual problem is.
- Slowly raise your sensitivity. After you’ve lowered it all the way, start raising it slowly to see if you can identify a threshold in which the problems start becoming more prominent.